Haines, Jones & Cadbury Corporation and its divisions, business units, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “HJC”), respects and values the privacy of every individual who visits our website. We take great measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you may refuse or withdraw your consent to certain collection, uses and disclosures of personal information at any time by making a written request to HJC’s Chief Privacy Officer. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, HJC may not be able to provide you or continue to provide you with products and services or may be unable to process returns, exchanges or refunds. If you wish to withdraw your consent you may have to provide identification acceptable to HJC.
If you provide HJC with personal information of another individual, you represent that you have all necessary authority and/or have obtained all necessary consents from such person to enable HJC to collect, use and disclose such personal information.
HJC may collect personal information from you in order to conduct its business, maintain records, and provide benefits and services to you, including when you:
- Purchase, order, return or exchange any of our products and services
- Request a quote or special orders for or information about any of our products and services
- Request delivery, warranty or repair services
- Make a credit application
- Contact an employee at one of our profit centers
- Visit the hjccorp.ca website
- Enter into a contest or respond to one of our surveys
- Provide us with comments or suggestions
- Apply for a job
- Are injured on, or suffer or cause property damage on, HJC’s premises.
HJC may use personal information in order to conduct its business, maintain records, and provide benefits and services to you, including to:
- Identify customers, suppliers and others with whom it does business and to establish and maintain a relationship with them
- Provide customers with ongoing service, including to process orders, to ensure proper delivery and to better assist customers when they visit or call us
- Improve our product and service offerings
- Provide HJC’s customers with information about other HJC products and services that may be of interest to them
- Protect against error and fraud
- Comply with legal and audit requirements
- Consider your job application
- Create statistics to further HJC’s business interests (these statistics do not contain any information that could potentially identify any individual customer, supplier or others with whom HJC does business)
HJC may disclose personal information in order to conduct its business, maintain records, and provide benefits and services to you, including in the following circumstances:
- In response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or, to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law
- To assist us in collecting any debt owed by you
- Some products and services that are provided through HJC (such as extended warranties) may be provided by third parties in cooperation with HJC. In order to provide you with the products or services that you request from us, we may have to transfer information about you to these third parties
- Use of certain third party products to purchase products or services from HJC (such as a credit card not issued by HJC) may require us to provide your personal information to the provider of the third party product in order to process the transaction
Should HJC transfer personal information to third parties for processing, an agreement containing appropriate privacy protection mechanisms will be put in place. HJC will not trade, rent or sell your personal information to any third party unless we tell you about it and obtain your consent.
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information will also be governed by the following principles:
The General Manager will be the Chief Privacy Officer and will oversee the administration of this policy and the development of information gathering and handling practices.
Individuals from whom information is collected will be advised that HJC has policies and practices in place to securely manage such information.
Purpose of Collection
The specific purposes for which personal information is collected and used will be clearly identified and explained, in writing where possible, to the individual at or before the time the information is collected.
Your informed consent, in writing where possible, is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information. There are limited circumstances where consent may not be possible and the Chief Privacy Officer will be consulted prior to the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information of an individual without their consent. A new consent will be obtained from you if the personal information is to be used for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time, and, with limited exceptions, this will prohibit us from making any further use of the information.
The collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the specific purposes identified. Information will be collected by clear, fair and open means.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected except with the consent of the individual or as required by law.
Personal information must be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes, or as required by law, and thereafter destroyed in a secure manner ensuring the confidentiality of the personal information.
Personal information, and any disclosure of such information, will be as accurate, complete, and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, will be protected by adequate security safeguards, including physical measures, technological tools and organizational controls, to protect against loss, theft or unauthorized access. Access to personal information will be permitted strictly on a “need to know” basis.
Upon request, and no later than thirty days thereafter, an individual will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information, except in some limited circumstances. You may update or correct any of your personal information that HJC has in its possession by making a written request to the HJC Chief Privacy Officer. You may be asked to provide identification acceptable to HJC and proof acceptable to HJC of the veracity of the requested update or correction.
You will be able to address any complaint concerning compliance with the above principles to the Chief Privacy Officer. The Chief Privacy Officer will initiate an investigation into the complaint, notify you of the outcome of the investigation, and correct any compliance problems identified.
Contact Information for the Chief Privacy Officer
Haines, Jones & Cadbury Corporation
1108 Dundas Street